I’m Melanie Renzulli, travel writer, photographer, and Italophile.
I’ve written about Italy for more than 20 years and have lived in Rome for the last four. My Italy recommendations have appeared in guidebooks from Frommer’s, Michelin, and DK. I’ve also written for dozens of other print and online publications — many of which no longer exist!
Italofile (this blog) has been online since 2007. Here are a few of my favorite posts from the site:
- Best Places to Kiss in Rome
- Finally Ferrara: Postcard from a City That Called Me Back
- A Special Harvest: Anatomical Theaters in Italy
- Visions of Veronese Green in Venice
- A Little Greek / Yogurt in Paestum
- More Than a Mocha: Torino’s Sweet, Rich Bicerin
- A List of What I Ate in Palermo
Contact me if you have questions about travel to Italy or if there is a topic you’d like for me to cover on Italofile.
If you’d like to discuss advertising or sponsorship opportunities, let me know.